I love this engagement (and family) session for a FEW reasons. First of all, its always fun to work with awesome people and all 3 in this session had great personalities. But what makes this a great example engagement session is that you can look at it and learn so much about what makes an engagement session great.
1. Location (this is one of my favorite locations near the Congaree River in Columbia). Finding a great place with nice shade and pretty light will make your photos awesome!
2. What to wear. They nailed it. ’nuff said. (I can email you some tips if you need them)
3. Time of day and time of year. Wow. Isn’t the lighting and color awesome in these pics? Late fall can still be a beautiful time for photos in South Carolina. 2 hours before sunset is my general rule of thumb for starting an engagement session.
4. Make it personal. We also shot a couple of photos at a place special to the couple… The Whig on Taco Tuesday (that’s where Francheska and Donnie met)! These things don’t have to fill an entire session, but you can always snap a few shots to remember something important about your relationship.
5. Have FUN! Be yourselves and let your personality come out… this is what you are going to love about your photos for a LONG time!